Christmas Bark Candy
This quick-to-fix candy is sure to please all ages when added to a homemade cookie tray. We show two versions here: vanilla chips with colorful miniature baking bits and milk chocolate chips with broken pretzels. Create your own variations using different flavored chips and add-ins such as crushed candy canes, dried fruits or crunchy nuts.
20-24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) vanilla or white chips or 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 cups M&M's minis or pretzel sticks
- In a heavy saucepan or microwave, melt chips with oil; stir until
- smooth. Cool for 5 minutes. Stir in M&M's or pretzels. Spread onto a
- waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for 10 minutes. Remove
- from the refrigerator; break into pieces. Store in an airtight
- container. Yield: about 1 pound.
Nutrition Facts: 2/3 ounce equals 127 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 11 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.