- Drop meringue into eight mounds on parchment paper-lined baking
- sheets. Shape into 3-in. cups with the back of a spoon.
- Bake at 275° for 45 minutes or until set and dry. Turn oven off;
- leave meringues in oven for 1-1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a large heavy saucepan, combine eggs and sugar. Stir in
- the lemon juice, butter and lemon peel. Cook and stir over
- medium-low heat for 15 minutes or until mixture is thickened and
- reaches 160°. Transfer to a small bowl; refrigerate until
- For ganache, in a small saucepan, melt chocolate with cream over low
- heat; stir until blended. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- Cool slightly.
- Just before serving, spoon lemon curd into meringue cups. Drizzle
- ganache around meringue. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 507 calories, 23 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 210 mg cholesterol, 258 mg sodium, 72 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.