Chocolate Zebra Clusters
Just one bite and chocolate lovers will melt over these yummy clusters filled with salted nuts, rice cereal and marshmallows! And they're so pretty, no one can believe how easy they are.
30 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 12 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped, divided
- 1-1/4 cups salted peanuts
- 1-1/4 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2-1/4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Line two baking sheets with waxed paper; set aside. In a microwave,
- melt chips and 7 oz. white candy coating at 70% power; stir until
- smooth. Stir in peanuts and cereal. Cool slightly; fold in
- marshmallows. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking
- In microwave, melt shortening and remaining candy coating; stir until
- smooth. Transfer to a pastry or plastic bag; cut a small hole in the
- corner of bag. Drizzle over clusters. Refrigerate for 5 minutes or
- until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 166 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 40 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.