Chocolate Walnut Tart
No hassle, no fuss and no leftovers! This pecan pie-like tart is so simple to make, and I always receive compliments when I serve it. —Sue Shank, Harrisonburg, Virginia
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Press pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in.
- fluted tart pan with removable bottom; trim edges. Sprinkle walnuts
- and chocolate chips into crust.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, corn syrup, brown sugar, butter
- and vanilla. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until top is bubbly and crust
- is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield:
- 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice equals 357 calories, 20 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 148 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.