Chocolate Truffle Cookies
I experimented with a chocolate cookie recipe until I was satisfied with the results. I entered these cookies at our county fair and won a blue ribbon. If you love chocolate, I'm sure you'll like these cookies.
33 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 2-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chocolate sprinkles
- In a large bowl, cream butter, confectioners' sugar and cocoa until
- light and fluffy. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. Add flour; mix
- well. Stir in chocolate chips. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Roll into 1-in. balls; dip in chocolate sprinkles. Place, sprinkled
- side up, 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325°
- for 10 minutes or until set. Cool 5 minutes before removing to a
- wire rack to cool completely. Yield: about 5-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 2 cookies equals 179 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 72 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.