- Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at
- 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks.
- In a bowl, beat cream, confectioners' sugar and vanilla on high speed
- until soft peaks form. Chill until firm.
- In a saucepan, melt chips and butter over medium heat; stir in cream.
- Remove from the heat; stir in confectioners' sugar. Chill for at
- least 1 hour or until completely cooled. Beat with electric mixer to
- achieve spreadable consistency.
- Spread half of the filling over one cake layer; top with second layer
- and remaining filling. Top with third layer; frost top and sides of
- cake. Chill for 2 hours before cutting. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 857 calories, 48 g fat (29 g saturated fat), 193 mg cholesterol, 668 mg sodium, 105 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.