- with buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
- Pour a third of the batter into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted
- tube pan. Sprinkle with a third of the toffee mixture. Repeat layers
- twice. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick
- inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack to cool
- completely. For icing, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in
- flour until smooth; gradually add evaporated milk and brown sugar.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until thickened.
- Cool. Drizzle over cake.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice equals 665 calories, 32 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 132 mg cholesterol, 417 mg sodium, 89 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.