Chocolate-Tipped Butter Cookies
My husband and I enjoy these buttery cookies so much that we have a hard time not hiding them from guests!
30 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream 1 cup butter and confectioners' sugar until
- light and fluffy. Add flour and vanilla; mix well. Cover and
- refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Shape 1/4 cupfuls of dough into 1/2-in. thick logs. Cut logs into
- 2-1/2-in. pieces; place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350°
- for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to
- In a heavy saucepan or microwave, melt chocolate and remaining
- butter; stir until smooth. Dip one end of each cookie into
- chocolate, then dip into nuts; place on waxed paper until chocolate
- is set. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 143 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 74 mg sodium,