- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to chocolate
- mixture alternately with water beating well after each addition.
- Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at
- 350° for 28-33 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks.
- In a large bowl, combine filling ingredients; set aside. For glaze,
- in a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate and butter; stir until
- smooth. Stir in confectioners' sugar, water and vanilla until
- smooth. Cool slightly.
- Place one cake layer on a serving plate. Spread with half of the
- whipped topping; drizzle with half of the glaze. Top with half of
- the filling. Repeat layers. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 10-12
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 461 calories, 19 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 297 mg sodium, 68 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.