- crumbly. Add half-and-half and stir until just moistened.
- Divide dough into 8 patties, about 3/4-in. thick. Place on parchment
- paper-lined baking sheets. Brush with egg white; sprinkle with
- coarse sugar and remaining chips.
- Bake at 450° for 13 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat
- whipping cream and confectioners' sugar until stiff peaks form.
- To assemble, split shortcakes in half. Place cake bottoms on dessert
- plates. Top with about two-thirds of the strawberries, whipped cream
- and fudge topping. Replace shortcake tops; top with remaining
- berries, cream and topping. Garnish with chocolate if desired.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 633 calories, 32 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 438 mg sodium, 81 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.