"Turn your kitchen into a 'web site' by preparing a batch of these creepy candy spiders," chuckles field editor Sandi Pichon of Slidell, Louisiana.
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Black or red shoestring licorice
- 24 small round candy-coated milk chocolate balls (such as Hersheys or Sixlets)
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat chocolate for 1-1/2 minutes at 50%
- power, stirring after 30 seconds. Stir until melted; let stand for 5
- minutes. Stir in marshmallows. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a waxed
- paper-lined baking sheet. Cut licorice into 2-in. pieces; press
- eight pieces into each mound for legs. Press two chocolate balls
- into each for eyes.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 20 minutes. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 23 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.