- until stiff peaks form. With a spatula, stir a fourth of the egg
- whites into chocolate batter until no white streaks remain, then
- fold in remaining egg whites.
- Grease the bottom of 1-1/2-qt. baking dish; add souffle batter. Place
- dish in a larger pan. Fill large pan with hot water to a depth of 1
- in. Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until a knife inserted near the
- center comes out clean.
- For topping, beat the cream in a chilled small bowl until it begins
- to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until soft
- peaks form. Serve souffle warm with a dollop of sauce. Sprinkle with
- cocoa or cinnamon if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (calculated without baking cocoa or ground cinnamon) equals 407 calories, 31 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 187 mg cholesterol, 244 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.