Poodle skirts may be out, but the old-fashioned ice cream soda our Test Kitchen concocted is still a simply perfect way to cool down on a hot summer day.Country Woman Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half cream
- 3/4 cup carbonated water
- 1/4 cup vanilla ice cream
- In a tall glass, combine chocolate syrup and cream. Stir in water;
- top with ice cream. Serve immediately. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/4 cups equals 236 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 71 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 3 g protein.