Chocolate Snack Cake
My husband always asks me to make this cake for his birthday. But we enjoy it so much, I make it year-round.Sandra Carroll, Avoca, Iowa
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in water. Combine the flour,
- cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Add vanilla. In another bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until
- soft peaks form. Gently fold into the creamed mixture.
- Pour into a 9-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake
- at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with
- confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts:Nutritional Analysis: One piece equals 260 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 247 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber,