This recipe was give to me by one of my students at school. It has become one of my family's favorites and are so easy to make.Lois Mays, Covington, Pennsylvania
24 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 3/4 cup butterscotch chips
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 teaspoon shortening
- In a large saucepan, bring sugar and corn syrup to a boil. Cook and
- stir until sugar is dissolved; stir in peanut butter.
- Remove from the heat. Add cereal and mix well. Press into a greased
- 13-in. x 9-in. pan.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chips and shortening; stir until
- smooth. Spread over cereal mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at
- least 1 hour before cutting. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 bar equals 226 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 127 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.