Chocolate Rice Dessert
Even with calves to feed and chores to finish, I can plan this quick treat for supper. Fresh pineapple chunks are a nice addition to this no-fuss rice parfait.Brenda Drier, Arkansas, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice, warmed
- 1/4 cup hot fudge sauce or chocolate ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup whipped topping
- 4 maraschino cherries
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon and salt. Add rice and mix
- well. Divide among four dessert dishes or parfait glasses. Top with
- hot fudge sauce. Dollop with whipped topping and garnish with
- cherries. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 261 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 100 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.