- vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and soda; add to
- creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each
- Transfer to a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Bake at 350°
- for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center
- comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool
- completely. Cut a 1-in. slice off top of cake; set aside. Hollow out
- the bottom portion of cake, leaving a 1-in. shell. Cube the removed
- cake to measure 1 cup; set aside. (Save remaining cake for another
- Beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in milk, lemon juice,
- extract and food coloring if desired. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping.
- Set aside 1 cup cream cheese mixture; fold berries and reserved cake
- cubes into remaining mixture. Fill tunnel with cake cube mixture;
- replace top.
- Spread reserved cream cheese mixture over top of cake to within 1 in.
- of edge. Frost top edge and sides of cake with remaining whipped
- topping. Garnish with lemon peel and additional berries if desired.
- Chill. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice equals 562 calories, 25 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 255 mg sodium, 75 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.