- in jelly and reserved juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1
- minute or until thickened. Transfer to a small bowl; refrigerate
- until chilled.
- Cover a baking sheet with foil; grease the foil. Trace a 6-in. circle
- onto foil; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, bring water, butter and salt to a boil. Add
- flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from
- the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating
- well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth
- and shiny.
- Drop batter by rounded tablespoonfuls onto prepared pan, along the
- inside of the circle (mounds should be slightly touching). Bake at
- 400° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Lift foil and transfer to a wire rack. Immediately cut a slit in the
- side of each puff to allow steam to escape; cool. Carefully cut ring
- in half horizontally and set top aside; remove soft dough from
- inside with a fork. Place ring bottom on a serving plate.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken.
- Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until soft peaks form.
- Stir in 1/2 cup fudge topping until combined. Fold in chocolate
- chips and pecans.
- Spread filling over bottom of cream puff ring; replace top. Drizzle
- with chilled raspberry sauce and remaining fudge topping.
- Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice equals 401 calories, 29 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 122 mg cholesterol, 207 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.