- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, milk, coffee, oil, eggs and vanilla
- until well blended. In a small bowl, combine the flour, cocoa,
- coffee granules, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually beat
- into sugar mixture until blended.
- Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. baking pans. Bake at 325°
- for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center
- comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to
- wire racks to cool completely.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat butter and confectioners' sugar.
- Add jam; beat until blended.
- For frosting, melt chocolate in a microwave; stir until smooth. In a
- large bowl, beat butter and chocolate until fluffy. Add marshmallow
- creme, confectioners’ sugar and extract; beat until smooth.
- Place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread with filling. Top
- with remaining cake layer. Spread frosting over top and sides of
- cake. Garnish with raspberries and chocolate curls. Store in the
- refrigerator. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice (calculated without garnishes) equals 781 calories, 51 g fat (23 g saturated fat), 103 mg cholesterol, 563 mg sodium, 84 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.