Chocolate Peppermint Pie
"This delightful dessert will satisfy a chocolate lover's craving," assures Kristin Dorazio, from Chepachet, Rhode Island. "It's quite simple as well.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1 quart chocolate-chocolate chip ice cream, softened
- 1 chocolate cookie crust (9 inches)
- 3 packages (1.84 ounces each) chocolate-covered peppermint candies
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- Spoon ice cream into crust. Freeze until firm, about 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat candies with 3-4 tablespoons of
- cream; stir until smooth. Cool.
- Whip the remaining cream; spoon over ice cream. Drizzle with some of
- the chocolate-peppermint sauce; serve pie with the remaining sauce.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 459 calories, 27 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 158 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.