Chocolate Pecan Kisses
A good friend gave me this recipe and I, in turn, have shared it with many others. It's a very easy recipe to make up makes a lot of cookies. They are sometimes called "forgotten" cookies, because you can make them at night and not take them out of the oven until the next morning.
18 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + standing Bake: 40 min. + standing
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Place egg white in a small bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30
- minutes. Beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat
- in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined
- baking sheets. Bake at 250° for 40-45 minutes or until firm to
- the touch. Turn oven off and let cookies dry in the oven for 1-1/2
- Carefully remove cookies from parchment paper. Store in an airtight
- container. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 61 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.