Chocolate Pecan Candies
When Robert Watness of Greenwood, Indiana gives candy on Valentine's Day, he's sure to include his homemade version of Turtles. "This easy candy has brought many compliments," he says.
60 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1/2 pound pecan halves
- 75 caramels
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 pound dark chocolate candy coating, melted
- On waxed paper, place pecan halves in pairs 2 in. apart. In a heavy
- saucepan over medium-low heat, cook and stir the caramels and milk
- until melted. Pour about 2 teaspoons of caramel mixture over each
- pair of pecans. Let stand until set.
- With buttered fingers, shape pecan clusters into balls. Dip in candy
- coating. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate
- until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Hershey caramels. A 14-ounce package contains about 65 caramels.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 114 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 31 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.