Chocolate Peanut Sweeties
Inspired by my passion for peanut butter and chocolate, I combined a trusted recipe for peanut butter eggs with the salty crunch of pretzels. Now our kids have fun helping me make and eat these heavenly treats. -Gina Kintigh, Connellsville, Pennsylvania
30 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 60 miniature pretzels (about 3 cups)
- 1-1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- In a small bowl, beat peanut butter and butter until smooth. Beat in
- confectioners' sugar until combined. Shape into 1-in. balls; press
- one on each pretzel. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets.
- Refrigerate until peanut butter mixture is set, about 1 hour.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and oil; stir until smooth. Dip
- the peanut butter ball into chocolate; allow excess to drip off.
- Return to baking sheet, pretzel side down. Refrigerate for at least
- 30 minutes before serving. Store in an airtight container in the
- refrigerator. Yield: 5 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 182 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 124 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.