- at 350° for 11-13 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to
- cool completely.
- Meanwhile, for filling, in a small bowl, beat peanut butter and
- shortening until combined. Beat in the confectioners' sugar, milk
- and vanilla until smooth. Fill cookies with filling. Store in an
- airtight container. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cookie equals 135 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 41 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.