Chocolate Peanut Butter Haystacks
"No one can resist the combination of chocolate and peanut butter in these sweet snacks! They really cure any urge for crunchy foods, too," confirms Laurie Mounce from Houston, Texas. "Plus, they offer fiber and protein."
8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + standing
- 1 milk chocolate candy bar (1.55 ounces), broken into pieces
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1 cup Fiber One bran cereal
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the candy bar and peanut butter.
- Microwave at 50% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at 50% power
- 10-15 seconds longer or until candy is melted; stir until smooth.
- Stir in cereal until evenly coated. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls
- onto waxed paper. Let stand until set, about 20 minutes. Yield: 8
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 90 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 92 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.