- chocolate mixture and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and
- salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 350° for 10-12
- minutes or until surface cracks. Cool for 2 minutes before removing
- to wire racks.
- In a large bowl, beat peanut butter and butter until fluffy. Beat in
- milk and vanilla. Gradually add confectioners' sugar; beat until
- smooth. Pipe or spread onto the bottoms of half of the cookies; top
- with remaining cookies. Yield: 2-3/4 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 sandwich cookie equals 417 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 211 mg sodium, 69 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.