Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
To complete the meal. Lorri whips up a pan of Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars. "These chewy cereal treats are the perfect no-fuss contribution to a potluck or bake sale," she adds. "I've discovered a few minutes in the refrigerator helps the bar's frosting set faster. Of course, the trick is getting them in there before they disappear!"
18-24 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup and peanut butter.
- Cook over medium-low heat until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from
- the heat; add cereal and stir until coated. Spread into a greased
- 13-in. x 9-in. pan; press lightly. Spread melted chocolate over
- bars. Chill. Yield: 1-1/2 to 2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 227 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 132 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.