Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
"It's a tradition for my sister and me to bring these chocolaty confections to functions and family gatherings," notes Rhonda Williams of Mayville, Michigan.
70 ServingsPrep: 1 hour + chilling
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 4 cups (24 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup shortening
- In a small saucepan, combine peanut butter and butter. Cook and stir
- over medium-low heat until smooth. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and cereal. Pour peanut
- butter mixture over cereal; toss to coat. Roll into 1-in. balls;
- place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until chilled.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until
- smooth. Dip balls in chocolate mixture; allow excess to drip off.
- Return to baking sheets; refrigerate until set. Yield: about 5-1/2
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 138 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 59 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.