Yes, you can make scones! Pancake mix is the key to this light and fluffy quick bread that kids will love! “These are great with a cup of coffee, milk or herbal tea.” Margaret Wilson — Sun City, California
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups complete buttermilk pancake mix
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 to 3 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each), chopped
- In a small bowl, combine the pancake mix, cream and orange peel. Turn
- onto a lightly floured surface; knead 6 times. Knead in chocolate.
- Pat into a 9-in. circle. Cut into eight wedges. Separate wedges and
- place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 9-11 minutes
- or until lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: 8 scones.
Nutrition Facts: 1 scone equals 221 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 381 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.