My husband and I sampled this granola years ago when we were overnight guests at a friend's house. It really appealed to our sweet tooth. She shared the recipe and I've been making it ever since.
18 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 6 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 cup All-Bran
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup chopped dried apples
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sunflower kernels
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, wheat germ, cereal and cornmeal.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat and stir the peanut
- butter and honey until smooth and thin, about 5 minutes. Pour over
- oat mixture, stirring to coat evenly.
- Transfer to two 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Bake at 275° for
- 60-70 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Cool, stirring occasionally. Stir in the apples, raisins, chocolate
- chips and sunflower kernels. Store in airtight containers. Yield:
- 14-15 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 510 calories, 24 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 195 mg sodium,