- Transfer to a large saucepan; cook and stir over medium heat until a
- thermometer reads 160° and mixture has thickened, about 3
- Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Immediately
- pour a third of the egg mixture over each flavor of chocolate;
- quickly stir each until melted. Cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Fold a
- third of the whipped cream into each bowl. Pour bittersweet
- chocolate mixture into prepared pan. Freeze until firm, about 15
- minutes. Repeat with milk chocolate mixture, then white chocolate
- To serve, carefully run a sharp a knife around edge of pan to loosen.
- Remove side of pan. Garnish if desired by drizzling with melted
- chocolate to create pine boughs and topping with chocolate Almond
- Pinecones. Yield: 16 servings.
Editor's Note: Torte can be prepared 2 days in advance. Cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 263 calories, 20 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 119 mg cholesterol, 106 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.