- ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until
- tops appear slightly dry. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire
- racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt 1 teaspoon shortening and remaining chocolate
- chips and Andes candies; stir until smooth. Melt white baking chips
- and remaining shortening in a microwave at 70% power for 1 minute;
- stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring
- until smooth.
- Dip half of the cookies in melted chocolate mixture; allow excess to
- drip off. Place on waxed paper. Dip remaining cookies in melted
- baking chip mixture; allow excess to drip off. Place on wax paper.
- Immediately sprinkle with toppings of your choice. Let stand until
- set. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cookie equals 112 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 30 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.