Chocolate Mint Cream Pie
This light, refreshing pie is an ideal way to give your holiday guests a treat without going to a lot of fuss. What's more, it cuts nicely, making it a cinch to serve.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cups crushed chocolate-covered mint cookies
- 3 to 4 tablespoons hot water
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 6 to 10 drops green food coloring, optional
- Set aside 2 tablespoons cookie crumbs for garnish. In a small bowl,
- combine remaining crumbs with enough hot water to make crumbs
- spreadable. Spread over the graham cracker crust; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in the sugar,
- milk and extract until smooth. Fold in whipped topping.
- If food coloring is desired, divide mixture in half and add coloring
- to one half. Alternately spoon mounds of plain and colored mixture
- into crust; swirl with a knife. Sprinkle with reserved cookie
- crumbs. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm. Yield: 8
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 413 calories, 22 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 234 mg sodium,