Chocolate Malt Crispy Bars
This chunky, chewy square is a feast for your eyes. Malted milk flavor coats this bar from top to bottom.
-Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 cups malted milk balls, divided
- 1 package (10 ounces) large marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 5 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup malted milk powder, divided
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Chop 1 cup malted milk balls; set aside. In a Dutch oven, combine
- marshmallows and butter. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until
- melted. Remove from the heat; stir in the cereal, 3/4 cup malt
- powder and chopped candy. Press into a greased 13x9-in. pan.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth.
- Stir in remaining malt powder. Spread over cereal bars. Top with
- remaining malted milk balls. Let stand until set. Cut into squares.
- Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 square equals 256 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 118 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.