Chocolate Macaroon Bars
Here's a nice Christmas treat that takes very little effort. The classic combination of chocolate and coconut is timeless.Loraine Meyer, Bend, Oregon
48 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 6 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 3-3/4 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a small bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, confectioners' sugar and
- butter; press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. In a large
- bowl, combine the milk, coconut and almonds. Drop by spoonfuls over
- crust; spread evenly.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Cool completely on a wire rack. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chips
- and cream; stir until smooth. Drizzle over top. Refrigerate until
- firm. Cut into bars. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 bar equals 146 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 71 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.