- Pour into a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking
- spray. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire
- For creamy layer, in a large bowl, beat the shortening,
- confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla until fluffy, about 4
- minutes. Spread over top of cake.
- For frosting, in a small heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, butter
- and milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently;
- cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat; stir in
- chocolate chips until melted.
- With a hand mixer, beat frosting for 2-4 minutes or until thickened.
- Gently spread over the top. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 40
Nutrition Facts: 1 bar equals 250 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 64 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.