Chocolate Lava Cakes
Since this dessert is served hot, it can be baking in the oven while you eat the main course. The recipe can easily be increased to serve more. It's a great choice for chocolate lovers.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup superfine sugar
- 1 egg
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white baking chips
- Confectioners' sugar
- Grease the bottom and sides of two 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups.
- Place ramekins on a baking sheet; set aside.
- In a microwave, melt semisweet chocolate and butter; stir until
- smooth. Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, egg and flour; stir in chocolate
- mixture. Fold in white baking chips. Spoon batter into prepared
- Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until a thermometer reads
- 160° and cake sides are set. Remove ramekins to a wire rack to
- cool for 5 minutes. Invert onto serving plates; dust with
- confectioners' sugar. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (calculated without confectioners' sugar) equals 635 calories, 40 g fat (24 g saturated fat), 169 mg cholesterol, 219 mg sodium,