Chocolate Ice Cream Dessert
"I took the best parts of two ice cream dessert recipes and added my own touches to come up with this chocolaty layered treat," notes Ruth Yoder from Grantsville, Maryland. "At our family gatherings and quilting parties, it never fails to draw compliments."
16-20 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + freezing
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 package (15-1/2 ounces) Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream, softened
- Whipped topping, optional
- In a saucepan over low heat, combine chocolate, sugar and milk. Bring
- to a boil, stirring constantly; boil for 1 minute. Remove from the
- heat; cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the cookie crumbs and butter; set aside 2 cups.
- Press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan.
- Carefully spoon vanilla ice cream over crust; spread evenly. Spoon
- chocolate sauce over top. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Carefully spread chocolate ice cream over crumbs. Cover and freeze
- overnight. Serve with whipped topping if desired. May be frozen for
- up to 2 months. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 315 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 246 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.