This creamy, delectable dip is a chocolate lover's dream. You'll want to sample it with a variety of dippers, including strawberries, banana chunks and cake cubes. Jane Shapton of Irvine, California sent the recipe.
20 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- Strawberries, banana chunks, apple slices or angel food cake cubes
- In a small saucepan, bring the sugar, water and corn syrup to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- In a small bowl, combine the cocoa, cream and half of the syrup
- mixture until smooth; return to the pan. Bring to a boil, stirring
- constantly. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in
- chopped chocolate until melted. Serve warm with fruit or cake for
- dipping. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 2 tablespoons fondue (calculated without fruit or cake cubes) equals 138 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.