Although this gingerbread has amazing chocolate and spice flavors, it's even better with a plop of whipped cream on top. (Isn't everything?) — Preci D'Silva, Dubai
9 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted and slightly cooled
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Chopped crystallized ginger and chocolate shavings, optional
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown
- sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg, then molasses, beating well
- after each addition.
- In another bowl, mix flour, baking powder, ground ginger, salt and
- cloves; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with water,
- beating well after each addition.