- Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes
- or until thickened. Stir in chocolate chips until melted. Transfer
- to a small bowl; cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, beat the shortening and butter until fluffy. Beat in
- chocolate mixture and vanilla.
- Spread chocolate filling on the bottoms of half of the cookies, about
- 2 tablespoons on each; top with remaining cookies. Roll sides in
- miniature chocolate chips for garnish. Store in the refrigerator.
- Yield: about 1 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 whoopie pie equals 579 calories, 37 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 386 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.