Chocolate Dream Dessert
Kathleen Gordon makes a crowd-pleasing dessert simple with cake cubes, instant pudding, whipped topping, chocolate syrup and nuts. "It's a surefire way way to satisfy chocolate lovers," remarks the Treadway, Tennessee cook.
16-20 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup chocolate syrup, divided
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Prepare and bake the cake according to package directions, using a
- greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Cool on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, prepare pudding according to package directions; pour into
- a 13x9-in. dish.
- Tear cake into small pieces and gently push down into the pudding.
- Drizzle with 3/4 cup of chocolate syrup. Spread with whipped
- topping. Drizzle with remaining chocolate syrup. Sprinkle with
- pecans. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 16-20 servings.