- 400° for 15 minutes (cake will not be set in the middle). Chill.
- For the sauce, combine raspberries, 1-3/4 cups water and sugar in a
- saucepan. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30
- minutes. Put through sieve; discard the seeds. Add water if needed
- to make 2 cups juice.
- Combine cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water in small bowl; stir until
- smooth. Add cornstarch mixture to raspberry mixture. Cook over
- medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil;
- cook and stir 1 minute more. Remove from heat; cool.
- To serve, spoon about 2 tablespoons sauce on each dessert plate;
- place a thin wedge of chocolate dessert on sauce. Garnish with
- whipped cream and reserved raspberries. Yield: 16-20 servings (2
- cups sauce).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 105 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 78 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.