Chocolate Dessert Cups
Our home economists assure that your guests will be delighted with these edible dessert cups, which can be used to serve ice cream, pudding, fresh fruit and more. You can make them a week in advance, then refrigerate in an airtight container.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Cut out four 6-in. circles from waxed paper; place on a baking sheet.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth.
- Pour 2 tablespoons melted chocolate into the center of each circle;
- spread chocolate to within 1 in. of edge. Refrigerate for 3-4
- minutes or until chocolate does not spread when handled.
- Drape circles, waxed paper side down, over inverted 6-oz. custard
- cups or small bowls. Shape edges if desired. Chill for 10 minutes.
- Carefully peel waxed paper from chocolate cups. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 45 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.