- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper; spread melted semisweet
- chocolate to 1/8-in. thickness. Refrigerate for 20 minutes; chop
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full with custard;
- freeze according to manufacturer’s directions. Stir in some of the
- chopped chocolate, almonds and toffee bits. Refrigerate remaining
- custard until ready to freeze. Stir in remaining chocolate, almonds
- and toffee bits. Allow to ripen in ice cream freezer or firm up in
- the refrigerator freezer for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 1-1/2
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 675 calories, 46 g fat (25 g saturated fat), 182 mg cholesterol, 95 mg sodium, 67 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.