From time to time, we have stuffed French toast made from rich buttery brioche. One Father's Day when I wanted to make it for my husband, the store was out of brioche, so I tried croissants instead. They turned out to be even simpler to use.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 12 unsliced croissants
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Cut a slit into the side of each croissant; fill with about 2
- tablespoons chocolate chips. In a shallow bowl, combine the sugar,
- cornstarch and cinnamon; whisk in milk until smooth. Whisk in the
- eggs, cream and vanilla.
- Dip croissants into egg mixture. Place in two greased 15-in. x 10-in.
- x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 400° for 7-9 minutes or until
- golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 451 calories, 24 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 123 mg cholesterol, 483 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.