Chocolate Cream Dessert
"Our daughter and her boyfriend are both on restricted diets, so they appreciate having this yummy dessert for birthdays and other gatherings," relates Ronald Scorse of Snowflake, Arizona. "We all enjoy it."
15 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + cooling Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- Artificial sweetener equivalent to 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1-1/2 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1/4 ounces) instant sugar-free chocolate pudding mix
- In a small bowl, cut butter into flour until crumbly. Press into an
- 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at
- 350° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sweetener until smooth. Fold
- in half of the whipped topping. Carefully spread over the crust.
- In another large bowl, combine milk and pudding mix. Beat on low
- speed for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Spread over the cream cheese. Top with remaining whipped topping.
- Yield: 15 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving equals 134 calories, 184 mg sodium, 6 mg cholesterol, 14 gm carbohydrate, 4 gm protein, 6 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.