- In a bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and remaining sugar
- and salt. In another bowl, whisk the water, oil and vinegar; stir
- into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full with batter. Drop filling by
- heaping tablespoonfuls into the center of each. Bake at 350° for
- 24-26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool
- For frosting, in a large mixing bowl, combine confectioners' sugar,
- cocoa, butter, milk and vanilla; beat until blended. Frost cupcakes;
- sprinkle with pecans. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 20 cupcakes.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 358 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 268 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.