- cinnamon, baking soda, salt and cloves; add to the molasses mixture
- alternately with water, beating just until combined.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for
- 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center of cake
- comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a
- wire rack to cool completely.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the cream, butter and corn syrup; bring
- to a simmer over medium heat. Remove from the heat. Stir in
- chocolate and vanilla until smooth. Let stand until cool but still
- pourable, about 20 minutes.
- Place a baking sheet underneath the wire rack. Reserve 1/2 cup glaze.
- Pour remaining glaze over cake; spreading with spatula cover top and
- sides. Chill cake and reserved glaze until glaze is just firm enough
- to pipe, about 1 hour.
- Pipe reserved glaze in a decorative pattern over cake. Cover and
- refrigerate. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before serving.
- Yield: 12-15 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 237 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 207 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.