Candy bars are the "secret" ingredient in these sweet chewy treats from Patricia Carmichael of Gibsons, British Columbia. "They taste great and are so quick to make," she informs.
24-30 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 4 Milky Way candy bars (2.05 ounces each), cut up
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed, divided
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a microwave, melt candy bars and 1/2 cup butter; stir until
- blended. Stir in cereal. Pat into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. pan.
- Melt chocolate chips and remaining butter; stir until smooth. Spread
- over cereal mixture. Refrigerate until firm. Cut into bars. Yield: 2
- to 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 85 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 77 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.